At the Writer’s Renaissance retreat, we use the city that cradled the creative genius of Dante, Michelangelo and da Vinci as a classroom to experience a rebirth and renewal of our own.
Whether you have been writing professionally for years or are just starting out, this retreat will kindle your creative spirit, add juice to your writing and send you home with new tools to keep the inspiration and energy flowing in your writing long after you return.
This is the trip you were meant to take.
As women, we don’t often give ourselves permission to take time to ourselves, especially not for something so seemingly indulgent as nurturing our writing and our creativity.
But you know what? Your creative journey is just as important as any of those famous authors and artists. What if Dante had never written The Divine Comedy because he couldn’t get his wife’s permission? What if Michelangelo had never sculpted the David because he couldn’t find a really tall ladder? What if Leonardo da Vinci hadn’t painted the Mona Lisa because he had too many other pressing obligations (which he in fact did)? Would the world be better off if these men had been “responsible?”
You are a brilliant and creative woman. You have a masterpiece inside of you that is calling for your attention. You deserve to honor your need to write.
Take yourself on the trip of a lifetime. Register today. Take a stand for yourself and your writing. And while you are at it, eat some of the best food in the world, drink some of the best wine in all of Italy, and savor gelato while strolling through piazzas.
Writer’s Renaissance is for you if:
- You want to combine writing instruction and writing time with inspirational sightseeing in a beautiful city;
- You want to find new ways and new perspectives to electrify your writing on the trip and for life;
- You want to learn from successful women writers who have written memoirs, novels, children’s books, travel books, and more;
- You want to write and learn with a group of like-minded, creative women;
- You want to fill your creative well and give your inspiration a jump-start;
- You like “off the beaten path” experiences when you travel; and,
- You love food!
Writer’s Renaissance is NOT for you if:
- You want to spend most of the day in a room writing or taking writing classes;
- You have a very specific, tactical writing goal that you want to achieve on a retreat, such as plotting your novel or completing a comprehensive revision on your memoir;
- You are a man (sorry guys!);
- You want a mostly solitary experience where you can seclude yourself and just write;
- Your idea of the perfect way to see a city is a “Hop On/Hop Off” bus tour; or,
- You hate pasta, wine and gelato.
Here are all the goodies included in this once-in-a-lifetime Program:
- Six nights accommodation at Antica Torre Tornabuoni – the most beautiful hotel in Florence
- Two meals per day – Breakfast + Dinner (with the exception of one day where lunch will be provided and dinner will be on your own)
- Excursion into the countryside to Badia a Coltibuono, a former twelfth century monastery and vineyard, where we’ll take a tour, a cooking class, taste wine, and enjoy our final dinner together
- Writing inspiration, instruction and exercises with Faculty
- All Program activities, including any entrance fees
- Plenty of “white space” (free time) for you to write, explore the city, visit museums or just rest
- Plus, the hotel provides unlimited tea and coffee through the day, 24 hr. access to both of its stunning terraces, an international newspaper each day, free WiFi, assistance making reservations for museums and tours you might want to visit in your free time, and a doctor on duty 24 hrs
- Airfare and/or ground transportation to and from Florence
- Ground transportation to and from the hotel in Florence
- One meal per day
- Alcohol (with the exception of the Welcome Reception and the excursion to Badia a Coltibuono)
- Hotel services/amenities/refreshments not included in the Program
What are you waiting for? Register today!
If, in the unlikely event you are not convinced you want to attend Writer’s Renaissance after reading this page, here are some more details. Go check out the Accommodations page that will tell you how the best hotel in Florence will be our home, the Program page for the current itinerary and the Faculty page to meet your esteemed instructors on this journey. There is also a handy list of FAQs.